PATIENT RIGHTS IN TURKEY
The main aim of all these rights is to provide a “high level of human health protection” and give you high quality health services.
Right to Live
Right to Take Protective Measures
Right of Access
Right to Demand Information
Right of Access to Medical Records
Right of Consent
Right to Refuse Treatment
Right of Election
Right of Privacy
The Right Of Patients To Receive Health Care Services On Time
Entitled to Dignity
The Right To Perform Religious Services
Visitation and Companion Rights
Right to avoid unnecessary pain / suffering and nuisance
The Right to End of Life
Personal Treatment Right
The right to complain
The right to compensation
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PATIENTS AND THEIR RELATIVES
Responsibility to Provide Information
Since the health information about the patients and their relatives (medical history, current complaints, applied treatments, such as medications and vitamins used) is necessary for the diagnosing and treatment process it is the patient’s and her/his relative’s responsibility to provide them right to the person in charge of the treatment accurately and completely.
If the patients and their relatives are in difficulty to understand the comments about the treatment, this must be reported to the patient and care givers and they should ask all the questions that come to their mind.
Patients and their relatives, after they were informed about the healt status of the patient and making sure of the understaniding them correctly, should be active in the decision making process in the treatment and should declare their consent on the treatment.
They should inform the authorities in case of any changes in the basic informations such as name, surname, address, phone number.
Responsibility of Payment of Examination and Treatments
- The payment methods, how the debts will be paid, who or which institution would pay, should clearly be stated in the acceptance stage.
- It is patient’s and her/his relative’s responsibility to complete the certification about their social security or private healt insurance.
- Patients or their representatives must submit a letter obtained from the patient’s institutions in cases required emergency intervention and treatments.
- The patients who have the right to free treatments should prove these rights with the necessary documents.
- Patients and their relatives are bound to compensate the loss /damages on the tools or machines caused by misusage.
Responsibility for Compliance with Recommendations
- Patients and their relatives are responsible for compliance with the rules and practices has the responsibility to fulfill the rules and practices of the health care institutions they found.
Responsibility for Observance of Rules and Applications
Patients are responsible for observance of rules and applications of the health institution which they are in.
- Patients and their relatives should consider the rights of other patients and health care workers.
- Patients and their relatives must respect the hospital’s visiting policy.
- Patients where the number of visitors and hence more noise must take measures to comply with the hospital administration.
- Patients and relatives should not demand the implementation or administration of any medication. Except for the ones included in the treatment plan
- Patients and their relatives must adhere to appointment times and delays should be prevented, in cases where the delay should assist the organization by allowing them to appear before the other patients.